Selling Your Minnesota Home? – Strategies for Success
MN Home Online Listings Search When it’s time to sell your current home, there are many things to consider. Whether you’re selling to purchase a new home or for another reason, you want your home to sell quickly and for the best possible price. Far too many homes languish on the market for months without selling, causing enormous problems for the homeowner. There are many reasons this happens, but a properly priced and marketed home should not take an inordinate time to sell. The Minnesota Real Estate Team knows that selling your home quickly and getting the maximum price for it are primary concerns for every Minnesota home seller. Here are some strategies you can follow to help assure success:
- Begin Planning Early – If you know it’s time to sell your home, don’t delay in getting started on the process. This is especially true if you’re having trouble making your current mortgage payments, but it’s important for every home sale. The earlier you begin the process, the sooner your home will sell.
- Know Your Home’s Value – Many homeowners over-estimate the current market value for their home. That’s especially true today, since market values for most Minnesota homes have fallen from their highest levels. Every home is unique, so the price your neighbor’s home may not be what your home is worth. Get a current market analysis or CMA from an agent or brokerage you trust. We’ll gladly provide a free, no-obligation CMA for your home. Learn what to expect before putting your home on the market.
- Take a Close Look at Your Home – Pretend you’re looking for a Minnesota home to buy, and then inspect every aspect of the home you want to sell. Homeowners often stop seeing minor problems in their home, both inside and outside. Taking a good close look at every part of your property from the perspective of someone thinking of buying it will expose correctable flaws that could interfere with a fast sale or lower the price you can expect.
- List Your Home With a Trusted Broker – Choose the broker and agent who will list your home carefully. Look for one who will actively market your home, not just list it and wait for a random agent to sell it. Our REMAX Realty team doesn’t just list homes. We have the best marketing system anywhere in Minnesota. That’s why we’re humbled to have been the #1 team for over six years.
- Clean Up & Fix Up – Based on your own inspection and with the advice of your selling agent, do whatever you can to make your home as presentable as possible. Start with the landscaping and exterior of the home. Make it all look as good as you can. Then, turn to the inside. A coat of paint, a thorough carpet cleaning, de-cluttering, and other inexpensive measures can freshen your home and make it more salable. Your experienced REMAX agent can help you decide what projects will make the biggest impact, so you can prioritize.
- Ask about a Guaranteed Sale Program – If selling your home quickly is a critical need, ask whether your listing broker or agency offers a Guaranteed Sale Program, and whether your home qualifies. Our REMAX team has a great Guaranteed Sale Program, and we’d be happy to explain it to you. Under this program, if your home doesn’t sell through our marketing system, we’ll buy it ourselves.
- Always Be Prepared – Always be prepared to assist your selling agent, who will be showing your home and having open houses. Keep the home clean and in top shape throughout the process, and always be ready for a showing. You never know when a prospective buyer will show up.
Help You Sell Your Home in Minneapolis St. Paul, MN
When you list your home with our REMAX Realty team, we put our winning marketing plan to work for you. We actively market your home on the Internet and in every other way we can find. We’ll help you accurately price your home and help you find ways to make it more attractive and salable, and will work tirelessly to get the best possible price for it. We’ve been successfully marketing Minnesota homes for sale since our founding, and we believe that our dedication and marketing excellence has made us the #1 real estate team in Minnesota for eight years running. Don’t settle for anything but the best. Contact The Minnesota Real Estate Team today to get started selling your Minnesota home.